Background code from shabby blogs

Monday 5 September 2011

Summertime

Where did the summertime go?

Summertime has whizzed by so quickly and I have not done much crafting. Though I did manage to go to boot sales and fairs - where I picked up bargains which will see me through winter in the crafts department.

What did I manage through the summer?
  • Ive managed a few decorated stones on the beach
  • Left a few inspirational tags on the buses for people to find. 
  • Had my niece down with her child and made up some recycled christmas cards with old christmas cards and ribbon.
  • Made some individualised hair clips for my niece's daughter - to which I recieved lots of squeals of delight.
  • Recycled a clear cotton wool box for the clips to go into.
  • Decorated some recycled shoe boxes (thanks to my niece) ready for the Uganda project
  • Decorated some recycled baby formula boxes ready for Uganda project
  • Recieved some stuff for the Uganda project via freecycle and sorted them
  • Put some lace on the bottom of one of my skirts - made it really pretty
  • Went through all my long skirts and any ones too small put for Uganda project
  • Sizzixed some cardboard with crosses and people  for the Uganda primary school project for them to colour in.
  • Recycled greetings cards into tags for Ugandan primary school project - so they can turn them into handwriting practice with inspirational/prayer bookmarks
  • Organised my coloured wool into sweetie jars
  • Organised my ribbon and lace drawers through the use of recycled plastic milk bottles as different sections.
  • Recycled my mothers old towelling dressing gown into face cloths for her
What do I want to accomplish before October?
  • Pack at least one suitcase for Uganda
  • Sort out at least 5 craft kits for Uganda primary school
  • Sew a bit of lace on the bottom of my brown skirt and my green skirt
  • Sew a curtain for my shelving unit

Well, as you can see I have been busy, and as they say " Time flies when you are having fun"



No comments:

Post a Comment